With just a few weeks to go until the January transfer window opens, there is plenty of gossip about who is moving where. Transfer Talk brings you all the latest on rumours, arrivals, departures and of course deals!
TOP STORY: Man Utd looking for new no. 1
Manchester United are unlikely to activate David de Gea contract extension in the summer and instead will look for a new goalkeeper when 2022-2023 ends. season, reports Sky Sports Germany. Florian Plettenberg.
He reports that while the 32-year-old Spain international wants to stay at Old Trafford for another 12 months, United boss Erik ten Haag is open to the idea of a new No.1.
De Gea is one of the best shot-stoppers in the business, as he has proven on several occasions this season, but Ten Haag are reportedly looking for a defender who is more comfortable with the ball at his feet.
De Gea could thus be available on a free transfer when the current campaign ends in May 2023.
United signed De Gea for £19million in 2011 and he has become one of the most reliable players in a side that has struggled since Sir Alex Ferguson’s retirement in 2013.
However, if the Spaniard were to move on, United would free up a significant chunk of their wage bill.
– World Cup 2022: News and Features | Schedule
– Stream ESPN+: LaLiga, Bundesliga and more (US)
– Chelsea are keeping tabs on Bayer Leverkusen centre-back Piero Hincapier, according to Sky Sports. The Ecuador international is seen as a slightly more affordable transfer option than the Croatia and RB Leipzig star Josko Guardiol, whose value is likely to have increased following his impressive performances in Qatar. Hincapie, 20, featured in all of Ecuador’s World Cup group games and could be available for £26.2m.
– Liverpool and Chelsea are battling for the Brighton and Hove Albion midfielder. Moises Caicedo, according to Sky Sports. The 21-year-old has impressed for the Seagulls this season and also played for Ecuador in Qatar, where he scored in the group stage win against Senegal. Official talks are yet to take place and the midfielder is under contract on the south coast until June 2025. However, while Brighton are reluctant to let go of their South American star, England’s top clubs are circling, which could mean a fierce battle in January. , or further.
– Chelsea are interested in offloading the Brazilian prodigy Victor Roque, but the Athletico Paranaense striker has an £87m buyout clause, according to Globo. Rumors are hot on the heels of Endrik’s move to Real Madrid, a player Chelsea were also interested in. Roque, like Endrik, is also considered one of the hottest prospects on the continent, but the Blues face considerable pressure for his signature. Paris Saint-Germain, Barcelona and Real Madrid are also interested in the Timoteo-born striker.
– Eintracht Frankfurt midfielder Daichi Kamada has become an unexpected transfer target for Barcelona, reports Sport. The 26-year-old Japanese playmaker has been a free agent since June and is attracting interest from Borussia Dortmund as well as Italian clubs. Frankfurt have tried to keep Kamada in Germany beyond his existing contract, but the player seems to have decided he wants a new challenge. Kamada impressed the Catalan club when the two sides met in the Europa League last season and the Germans are now looking for suitable replacements.
– Paris Saint-Germain will try to keep Lionel Messi In the French capital after the end of the current season, according to the Italian journalist Fabrizio Romano. He reports that while Inter Miami have made moves to convince the Argentine star to swap Ligue 1 for MLS, no deal has yet been reached. And PSG officials would like the 35-year-old striker to stay for another year. Thus, they will present their proposal in the coming weeks.